2018 INDOOR SOCCER
*This season is designed for co-ed teams for U6 to U16.
The first indoor soccer game is November (TBA), 2018 at Tyro Middle School gym.
There is a $1.00 admission for ALL over 16 years old.
***If there is bad weather and the games are cancelled your coach will be notified, an email will be sent out, and the notification will be on the HOME page of the DCYSA.org site. We do not make up games.
We had a couple of questions about signing up.
1. Can we sign up as a team? Yes
2. Can we sign up as an individual? Yes, we will then put you on a team.
3. Do we have practices? No, the gym is only open on Sundays. This is a very low key league and it is about getting touches on the ball and having fun.
4. Will we have a tournament? Yes, everyone will still play the same amount of games.
5. Can I play on two teams? Yes, example if you are a U-14 player and wanted to play up (U-16) that is fine. You can only play up one age group. You cannot play down. My team will play both U-14 and U-16.
6. What are the dates? November 22, 29, December 6, 13, 20, January 3, 10, 24th, and 31st. The U-6 always play first and U-16 always play last.
7. Kids must be supervised at all times. No balls in the hallway.
8. There will be concessions and bathrooms available.
9. The indoor schedule will be located on the home page of the DCYSA website.
10. Please be on time and better yet early to all games. The clock starts even if the team isn’t ready or all on the court. We have to stay on schedule because we have so many teams participating this season. It is suggested that all teams arrive 15 minutes before their game.
11. There is only 1 coach per team allowed with the team.
12. All teams play 5 players on the court (1 is the goalie). The teams sub on the fly, the ball does not have to be stopped to sub players in and out including the goalie.
13. Goal Keepers CANNOT throw the ball over the halfway line in the air. They CANNOT punt or drop kick the ball. We request that the goalie roll the ball or play the ball out with there feet to connect a pass with their teammate. A goal keeper CAN dribble up the court and score. Goal kicks will be taken from the end line (the other team must be behind half court until the ball is passed).
14. Entrance is in the front of the school. There is a $1.00 admission for ALL over 16 years old. Please pass that on to all spectators. The viewing area is limited, be mindful of this.
15. DCYSA every year donates to the Children’s Home in Lexington, NC. This year we will be taking gift card donations he first three Sundays. There will be a box labeled for the gift cards as you come into the gym. Please support this time of giving to the Children’s Home in Lexington, NC!
16. MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! ****Fans are to be respectful! Let the players play, the coaches coach and the officials call the game. Those that are negative will be warned and then asked to leave the gym.
If you have any questions during the season, direct those to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your coach.
Chris Brown and Tasha Lanier