1. When does the 2013 Fall Soccer Season Start and End? Opening Day is set for Saturday, September 14th. Without any delays, the season is scheduled to end the November 2, 2013.
2. My child signed-up for your Recreational Soccer Program and we would like to know when we will be contacted by our coach? If you haven’t heard from a coach by September 2nd, then it would be appropriate to inquire about the status of registration. Otherwise, please be patient as we try to kick off the season! While we try to accommodate everyone’s requests, sometimes due to differences in ages and movement between divisions, we are unable to do so. Please understand that the goal of all is a positive soccer experience for the children.
3. I am new to soccer and need some basic information about the game. Don’t worry and check-out our “Coach’s Corner” web page for the basics.
4. I volunteered to coach a team and want some coaching support and guidance First, we would like to thank you for stepping-up to volunteer and coach your child’s soccer team at DCYSL. It’s volunteers like yourself that make this an enjoyable experience for all the kids in DCYSA. We have an entire section on our website entitled “Coach’s Corner” dedicated to providing assistance to our volunteer coaches.
5. My child shows an eagerness and passion for playing soccer, so what else is available? If your child really enjoys playing soccer and shows a lot of enthusiasm and self-motivation to play, then maybe he/she should check-out a competitive soccer team. The logical step after playing recreational soccer is to play Classic soccer. Competitive teams are structured around pure age groups, so there are many teams for boys and girls. We have organizations within the Triad that offers Classic and Challenge soccer.